Gluten-free quinoa and veggie stir-fry
From breakfast to dinner, quinoa works well with so many meals, and it's really good for you, too. Not only is quinoa delicious, but it's packed with protein and fiber so you'll feel full longer after you eat it.
This recipe for gluten-free quinoa and veggie stir-fry makes a great meal. Add your favorite veggies, toss in cooked quinoa and an easy-to-make sauce, and let me know what you think.
If you're like me, you might be eating more than your fair share of rice. Along with being gluten-free, rice is convenient and goes well with a lot of different dishes, but let me clue you in on a little secret: It's really easy to swap quinoa for rice. This is the perfect recipe to see what you think. My bet is you'll enjoy it.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free quinoa and veggie stir-fry recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 carrots, shredded
- 2 small zucchini, cut into rounds, then in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, zested
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free hot sauce, more or less to taste
- Ground black pepper for seasoning
- Cook the quinoa with 2 cups of water, according to package directions. When finished, set it to the side.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring. Add the shredded carrot and zucchini, and cook, stirring, for several minutes. You may need to reduce the heat slightly if the vegetables stick or begin to burn.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir into the vegetables. Cook for another minute longer.
- In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add the quinoa to the pan and mix it in with the vegetables. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, and toss together so the vegetables and quinoa are coated. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper and serve in individual bowls.
Stir up this tasty stir-fry with quinoa.