Sunday dinner: Fritos skillet pie
This could be the world's easiest recipe! It only takes a few ingredients to make this classic dish that's fun to serve to a group of friends or family.
Out of time to make dinner or just looking for a fun dish to serve? This Sunday dinner recipe for Fritos skillet pie is a favorite, and no wonder: Fritos are one of the main ingredients!
This might not be the healthiest meal you'll serve, but it's fun to make every once in a while. To help ease my mind a little, I used my favorite vegetarian chili, served plenty of veggie toppings and a fresh green salad on the side.
Make this meal when you've got a group of friends together, or you're looking for some family fun around the dinner table. It couldn't be easier to get this dish together for a quick meal.
Fritos skillet pie recipe
- 3 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili (your favorite)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: diced tomato, diced green onions, shredded lettuce, diced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the corn chips to the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet (you could also use a baking dish). Spoon the chili evenly over the chips.
- Top with the cheese (I added diced green onion to mine prior to adding the cheese).
- Place the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chili begins to bubble up.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve in individual bowls topped with your favorite garnishes.
Crunch into this favorite dish!