This broccoli salad is packed full of meat, dairy and vegetables… perfect as a light meal or a side!
This broccoli salad has all the ingredients to satisfy your hunger: meat, cheese and veggies drizzled in a tangy sweet dressing.
Tip: Facts Up Front has created a label to make sure you’re getting nutritional bang for your calorie buck. You can find it on the front of most packaged foods, outlining per-serving calories, fat, salt, and more.
The dressing is prepared by simply whisking together white vinegar, sugar and light mayonnaise.
Here are the other ingredients for this hearty broccoli salad: broccoli florets, ham, cubed cheddar cheese, sliced red onions and cherry tomatoes.
Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with the tangy dressing. Toss again to coat evenly.
Hearty broccoli chopped salad recipe
Adapted from Food Network
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
For the salad
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets, stems removed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss again to coat evenly.