Chicken, garlic and arugula come together in this delicious and healthy pasta dish that’s perfect for dinner anytime!
Arugula is the perfect accompaniment to pasta… when combined with chicken, garlic and cherry tomatoes it turns into a stellar dish your whole family will love!
Tip: Facts Up Front has created a label to make sure you’re getting nutritional bang for your calorie buck. You can find it on the front of most packaged foods, outlining per-serving calories, fat, salt, and more.
Start by boiling your choice of pasta, according to package directions (I used penne pasta). Drain and set aside.
Sauté chicken and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked, about 6-8 minutes.
Add minced garlic, cherry tomatoes and arugula. Cook until arugula is barely wilted, about 1 minute. Serve over pasta.
Garlic chicken pasta with arugula recipe
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions. Sauté until chicken is cooked, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cherry tomatoes, arugula, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until arugula is barely wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve over cooked pasta.