Copycat Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits
Do you love those fluffy cheddar biscuits served at a certain famous seafood restaurant? Enjoy this copycat version right at home and make them any time any day.
If you have ever dined at Red Lobster, chances are you have stuffed yourself full of not only seafood but their ever-popular cheddar bay biscuits. I love them so much that I tried to recreate these at home.
You can certainly use any homemade biscuit recipe you have, but I chose to use Bisquick to speed up the process and make things a little easier. These babies bake up so light, fluffy and delicious they should come with a warning label.
Copycat Red lobster cheddar bay biscuit recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2-3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine Bisquick, 1/2 cup buttermilk and cheddar cheese. Mix very well to incorporate the ingredients. If the dough is too dry, add a bit more buttermilk.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough to about 1 inch in thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut the biscuit shapes from the dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the biscuits are a nice golden brown color.
- In a small bowl, add the parsley, garlic, Italian seasonings and butter. Mix well and brush the tops of the hot biscuits with the butter mixture. Best served warm.