The next best thing to attending the Academy Awards (and possibly sitting next to Leo as he braves yet another night of great disappointment) is throwing your own fancy Oscar-themed shindig at home. Whether it’s a party for one or all of your closest friends, you’re going to need something fun and preferably bubbly to drink.
These sparkling cocktails have A-list celebrity written all over them, but the secret is that they’re easy enough for any of us non-celebs to make. And if you happen to have a bottle of Champagne chilling for a special occasion, well, then most of your hard work has already been done.
Cheers to an Oscars night you’ll never forget!
1. Strawberry mojito sparkler recipe
- 8 large fresh strawberries
- 10 large mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 shots white rum
- 1/2 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- Lemons, for garnish
- In a blender, place the strawberries, mint leaves, sugar and white rum. Pulse on low until the mixture is puréed.
- Pour the strawberry and rum mixture into Champagne flutes, filling about halfway full. Top each glass with 1/4 cup of Champagne, and garnish with fresh lemons.