3 sparkling cocktails to infuse your Oscars night with plenty of bubbly
The next best thing to attending the Academy Awards (and possibly sitting next to Leo as he braves yet another night of great disappointment) is throwing your own fancy Oscar-themed shindig at home. Whether it’s a party for one or all of your closest friends, you’re going to need something fun and preferably bubbly to drink.
These sparkling cocktails have A-list celebrity written all over them, but the secret is that they’re easy enough for any of us non-celebs to make. And if you happen to have a bottle of Champagne chilling for a special occasion, well, then most of your hard work has already been done.
Cheers to an Oscars night you’ll never forget!
1. Strawberry mojito sparkler recipe
- 8 large fresh strawberries
- 10 large mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 shots white rum
- 1/2 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- Lemons, for garnish
- In a blender, place the strawberries, mint leaves, sugar and white rum. Pulse on low until the mixture is puréed.
- Pour the strawberry and rum mixture into Champagne flutes, filling about halfway full. Top each glass with 1/4 cup of Champagne, and garnish with fresh lemons.
Next Up: More sparkling cocktails