Why bake a king cake when you can turn it into a dip?
King cake is as quintessential to any Mardi Gras celebration as beads and hurricanes. As amazing as the original king cake is, it's kind of a pain to make. So, if you're craving the king, skip the oven and dig face first into this creamy dip instead.
Thick, creamy and oh so decadent, this king cake dip is the perfect snack for any big party, shindig or Fat Tuesday noshing. I paired it with my favorite chocolate chips, but you can dip whatever you want in it, including your finger or your face. I won't judge, it's Mardi Gras after all.
King cake dip
Serves about 8
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 6 ounce container Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Funfetti cupcake, broken up
- Chips for dipping
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla. Using a spoon, mix until fully combined and fluffy. Gradually mix in the heavy cream, a teaspoon at a time, until it has a dipping consistency.
- Mix in the Funfetti cupcake and serve with chips or crackers.