No taters were harmed in the making of these tots
Fool your kids and even yourself with these tots made from cauliflower! Transformed and baked, this is a fun way to sneak in healthy vegetables.
Are you looking for new ways to incorporate vegetables into your family's diet? In this recipe, I replaced white potatoes with cauliflower to create these tasty little cauliflower tots. These make an excellent side dish with burgers, sandwiches or homemade corn dogs, and they are also gluten-free!
Cheesy cauliflower tots recipe
Yields about 25-30, depending on size
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the florets from the cauliflower and lightly steam in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the steamed cauliflower and lightly pulse until it resembles crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, almond flour, cheese, seasonings and the egg. Using your hands, mix very well and form the mixture into tater tot shapes.
- Place the tots on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes (turning halfway through) or until golden brown.