Whether you’ve planned a date with your sweetie or your gal pals for Valentine’s Day, why not stay in and enjoy one of these tasty romantic cocktails?
Valentine’s Day typically calls for chocolates, flowers and other sweet surprises. If you’re planning a romantic night in with your sweetie (these are also great when you’re gathering at home with the girls), don’t forget the romantic and festive cocktails! Take your pick from these four flavorful and fun drinks you can easily make at home.
Angel’s kiss cocktail recipe
Pucker up for this lovely cocktail! This drink includes the sweet taste of fresh strawberries and a bit of their color, too. Elderflower liqueur, also included in this cocktail, is made using small, delicate white flowers gathered from the French Alps. How romantic.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur
- 8-10 strawberries, cleaned, stems removed and discarded, and cut into quarters (plus 2 whole berries to use as garnish)
- Add the quartered strawberries to a cocktail shaker along with the vodka.
- Muddle the strawberries to break them up and release their juices.
- Add the ice and elderflower liqueur to the shaker.
- Keep your hand on the top of the shaker, and shake a few times. Carefully strain the mixture into cocktail glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a strawberry.
Chocolate-covered cherry cocktail recipe
Can it get more delicious than a chocolates-and-cherries combo? For Valentine’s Day, try this cocktail to remember. This sweet treat is fun and flavorful!
- 4 ounces cherry-flavored vodka
- 2 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces cream (you can use unflavored liquid coffee creamer)
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons colored sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- If you’re using the colored sugar to rim your glasses, pour about 3 tablespoons of the sugar into a shallow bowl. Dip just the rims of your glasses in water, then into the sugar, turning and swirling the glasses to cover the entire rim. Set aside.
- Add the ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the vodka, chocolate liqueur and cream.
- Keep your hand on top of the shaker, and shake a few times. Carefully strain the mixture into the sugared cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry if you’d like.
Crimson cranberry Bellini recipe
Bellinis are traditionally made with puréed peaches but why not try something a little different? This crimson cranberry Bellini has a pretty red hue and is brimming with bubbles from the prosecco.
- 6 ounces fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8-10 ounces prosecco, chilled
- Add the water, sugar and cranberries to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to help melt the sugar.
- Once boiling, the cranberries will burst from the heat. Use the back of a wooden spoon to stir and gently press down on the cranberries.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and use a fine strainer to separate the juice from the berries and seeds.
- Use a spoon to remove some of the mashed cranberries and add them to the liquid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cool, evenly divide the cranberry juice mixture between two Champagne glasses.
- Pour the prosecco into each glass over the cranberry mixture, to the tops of the glasses.
Brazilian paradise recipe
Carnaval brand is a sparkling Brazilian wine that is perfect for festive drinks like this one. This drink is just right for a romantic evening that includes a little fun!
Recipe created by Alex Flynn of The Green Light in Raleigh, N.C.
- 2 ounces gin
- 6 ounces Carnaval Moscato White, chilled
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cranberry preserves
- Fresh cranberries for garnish (optional)
- Add the gin, lemon juice, cranberry preserves and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Keep your hand on top of the shaker, and shake a few times. Carefully strain the mixture into Champagne cocktail glasses. Top with the chilled moscato.
- Garnish with a spear of cranberries.