Organic chicken sausage is sliced and stir-fried with fresh vegetables and served over rice. A super-duper, quick-and-filling recipe that’s perfect for hectic weekdays.
Have some chicken sausage? Really not sure how to get creative with it? Here I sliced up organic Italian-style chicken sausages and served them up stir-fried style. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand and create as you go. Although I chose to use organic ingredients, this is simply your personal choice. Serve over cooked quinoa or brown rice for a healthy satisfying dinner.
Organic chicken sausage and pepper stir-fry recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 organic Italian-style chicken sausages, sliced (I used Applegate Farms)
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked quinoa or rice
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the sausages. Cook the sausages until nicely browned on all sides and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the vegetables and stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the sausage back into the pan along with the seasonings and stir-fry an additional 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, divide the rice between serving plates and top with the stir-fry. Serve immediately.