Show your love with heart-shaped pizza
Pizza never tasted so good. We jazzed it up for Valentine's Day by making it into heart shapes and pairing it with tiny heart-shaped pepperoni.
Valentine's Day is usually all about love and sweet treats. Well, this post is dedicated to all the lovely savory dishes you can make for Valentine's Day. My husband and I love making homemade pizza, but sometimes we decide to make pizza and there is no time to make a yeast dough. This easy pizza uses a homemade yeast-free dough that cooks up crispy and delicious. While it's not as chewy as traditional pizza dough, it's perfect in a pinch. To make it extra special, I cut the dough into heart shapes and make adorable heart-shaped pepperoni with my kitchen scissors.
Individual heart-shaped pizza recipe
Slightly adapted from Cooks.com
Yields 8-12 mini pizzas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4-1 cup water
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni, cut into heart shapes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add in olive oil and 3/4 cup water and mix together. If the ball is stiff and crumbly, add remaining water. The dough should be soft but not too sticky.
- Add flour to a clean surface (countertop or large wooden cutting board) and coat your hands in flour. Knead the dough on the surface for 3-4 minutes until smooth. If the dough starts sticking to the surface, simply add more flour and scrape up any sticking dough.
- Once the dough is smooth roll it out until it's 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many heart-shaped pizzas as you can get with the dough. The count will depend on the size of your cookie cutter.
- Spread a small amount of marinara sauce on the pizza dough and sprinkle with cheese. Place pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Place the pizzas on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the dough is cooked and the cheese is lightly golden brown.