Marshmallow, caramel & bacon bark? Oh yes we did!
Chocolate bark is a classic wintertime treat, but we took it up a few notches. We sprinkled on some crispy bacon, gooey marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate.
This is the most over-the-top candy I have ever made. I filled it with marshmallow, chocolate, caramel and, of course, bacon. The bark is ooey and gooey and perfect for snacking. The bacon might seem weird, but it adds a nice savory, salty bite. Trust me, you're going to love this sweet treat!
Marshmallow, caramel and bacon bark
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup melted caramel
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy cooked bacon
- Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave and spread onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet. Add the baking sheet to the refrigerator so the chocolate can harden.
- While the chocolate is chilling, start melting your marshmallows.
- In a large skillet add butter, and, once melted, add in marshmallows. Slowly stir until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator (it should be hard) and gently spread the melted marshmallow mixture over the chocolate.
- Let the marshmallow mixture slightly set up and spread caramel over the marshmallow and then sprinkle with 1/4 cup bacon. Add pan back to the refrigerator to set up while you prepare other half of the chocolate.
- Melt remaining half of chocolate in the microwave. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the pan from the refrigerator and spread chocolate over the caramel. Sprinkle remaining bacon over the chocolate and let the mixture full harden before trying to cut.
- Once fully hardened cut into squares with a very sharp knife.