Copycat Bonefish Grill bang bang shrimp
Bang bang shrimp is a classic Bonefish Grill appetizer. We are giving you the secret to their dish so you can make it at home.
At least once a month, I ask my husband to take me to Bonefish Grill to get an order of bang bang shrimp. It's my favorite because the shrimp is crispy and the creamy sauce is spicy. It's the perfect balance of spices and flavor. I always add a little extra Sriracha to my sauce mixture but if you prefer things mild only add a little. Trust me, you're going to love this delicious dish.
Copycat bang bang shrimp recipe
Yields 1 pound
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3-5 drops Sriracha sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cleaned, shelled and deveined shrimp
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside while you prepare the shrimp.
- In a large skillet, add 1/2 inch vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow dish, mix together cornstarch, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss the shrimp to lightly coat.
- When the oil is hot add in shrimp. Cook for a few minutes, flip and cook on the other side. The shrimp will cook quickly and turn pink when fully cooked. Don't crowd the pan and cook the shrimp in batches. Add more oil if necessary.
- Once all the shrimp has been cooked, toss it in the mayonnaise mixture and eat immediately.