Casseroles are the perfect set-it-and-forget-it meal. This dish is packed full of potatoes, cheese and smoked sausage.
Casseroles have always been my favorite. Lots of delicious flavors are all baked together into one hot dish. What’s not to love? This dish is packed full of cheesy potatoes and smoky kielbasa. It’s pure comfort food and perfect for winter.
Cheesy smoked sausage potato casserole recipe
Yields 8 x 8-inch dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa sausage, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 pound shredded potatoes (make sure they are precooked shredded potatoes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and set over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add sausage and onion. Cook until the kielbasa is browned and the onion is soft. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, butter, soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir mixture to combine and add in kielbasa and onion mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan, top with remaining cheese and bake for about 40 minutes until the top is lightly golden brown.