Make your favorite cream cheese at home to spread on your favorite baked goods.
There was a time in my previous job when I traveled two or three times a week from Connecticut to Boston for morning meetings. When you wake up at 4 or 5 a.m., making breakfast is the last thing on your mind. When you travel the highways in New England to get to Boston, there’s seems to be a Panera off of every exit. That’s when my love affair with this honey walnut cream cheese began. I don’t really want to know how many ounces of it I consumed during those trips, but once they subsided I decided I really needed to make it at home. How hard can it be to make flavored cream cheese anyway? The answer? Not hard at all. With just a handful of ingredients, this sweet, delicious breakfast spread can be yours.
Copycat Panera honey walnut cream cheese recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a small bowl.
- Beat with a hand-held electric mixer on medium speed until everything is incorporated and the cream cheese becomes “fluffy.”
- Mix in the walnuts with a spatula or spoon.
- Spread and enjoy!
More cream cheese recipes
Mini no-bake pineapple coconut cheesecakes
Carrot cake cupcakes on the go
Leave a Comment