Gooey caramel-stuffed brownies, I mean, do you really need any other adjectives to entice you to make these?
I didn’t think so. I mean, these amazing caramel-stuffed double fudge brownies are probably the most sinful dessert I’ve made in months. They are so fudgy, you need to eat them with a fork. Or just do what I did and stick your face right into the pan and eat them that way. No shame, I mean, look at the photos.
Caramel-stuffed brownie recipe
Recipe inspired by Table for Two blog
Serves about 8-10
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 14 ounces caramel candies
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with foil and coat in nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate together on low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 13-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel filling by whisking the candies and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the caramel over the layer of brownie and cover with the remaining 1/3 brownie batter. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into thick slices and enjoy!