Let’s celebrate World Nutella Day with these decadent filled cookies.
When it comes to food holidays, I’m not sure there could be one more enjoyable than World Nutella Day. Yes, seriously, there is such a thing. I’m not about to argue with anyone trying to force me to eat Nutella, so what better way than combined with cream cheese and stuffed between two chocolate chip cookies? These are pure decadence overload. One cookie will be more than enough. Although, can there even be such a thing as “enough” when it comes to Nutella?
Nutella cream cheese stuffed cookies recipe
Yields 8 sandwich cookies
For the cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the filling
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugars with a hand-held mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients while continuing to beat on medium speed until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the dough with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball and place on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges start to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, combine Nutella and cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Beat with a hand-held mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread the filling on the flat side of one cookie and top with the other, gently pressing down to create a “sandwich.”