This chili is a must for your Super Bowl party. Hearty ground beef chili is seasoned with an array of flavors and beer! We topped off this dish with sharp cheddar cheese for an extra flavor punch.
Super Bowl is here. Have you decided what you are serving your guests on game day? This spicy tailgate chili is a must-have dish for our Super Bowl gathering, and it’s nothing shy of absolutely delicious. I recommend using quality ingredients when possible in this chili as it really makes a difference when you are eating it. This recipe will be a game changer in a good way!
Spicy tailgate beer chili with sharp cheddar recipe
Adapted from food.com
For the chili
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 2 (14-1/2 ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as A-1)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Sliced jalapeños
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used a mix of white cheddar and orange cheddar)
- In a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients listed for the chili and mix well.
- Cover and cook (stirring on occasion) on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, making sure the meat has cooked completely.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions and sharp cheddar cheese. Best served warm.
You don’t have to just enjoy this by the bowl. Add this chili to hot dogs, nachos or even burgers.