Organic chicken breasts are slow cooked in a spicy, fruity teriyaki sauce infused with apricot preserves and fresh garlic.
Have a slow cooker but don’t know what to make? Look no further than this easy slow cooker dish. Here I took organic chicken breasts and put a spicy, fruity spin on a basic chicken teriyaki recipe. Once cooked, this has multiple uses. This is a wonderful family recipe and perfect for busy weeknights. Use up leftovers by creating wraps, salads or by adding your own spin.
Slow cooker sticky honey teriyaki chicken recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey or any good quality honey
- 1/2 cup apricot or mango preserves
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want this spicy)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of your slow cooker in a single layer.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together except for the cornstarch and the water. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken and cover the slow cooker with the lid.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the chicken has cooked completely. Once chicken has cooked, remove from the slow cooker and either shred as shown or enjoy as is.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with the 2 tablespoons of water and add to the liquid remaining in the slow cooker. Return the shredded chicken (or whole chicken breast) to the slow cooker and cook an additional 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a serving dish and garnish with green onions. Serve with steamed veggies or other desired sides.
This recipe works well served over rice, quinoa, alongside steamed veggies, in wraps or even on top of salads. Try substituting it for the chicken in the recipes below: