3 Must-try super-cheesy queso dips
You can't have the Super Bowl without queso dip, at least in my book. I don't think I've ever watched any football game without one, now that I think about it. After one bite of these cheesy dips, you'll skip all of the other entrees and snacks, trust me.
Super-cheesy, super-gooey and super-decadent, these amazing queso dips will be your new best friend this football season. And guess what, they are so good, no one will judge you if you spoon-feed it to yourself with a serving spoon.
White pepper jack queso dip recipe
Serves about 6
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix the diced tomatoes, jalapeños, yellow pepper and Velveeta into a saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and chopped cilantro. Heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until fully melted.
Spicy cheeseburger dip recipe
Slightly adapted from Kraft
Serves about 18 (2 tablespoons each)
- 8 ounces spicy Velveeta cheese with jalapeños
- 5 ounces (1/2 can) diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Green onions, chopped
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the ground beef and crumble with a spatula. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain the fat and place the ground beef in a slow cooker.
- Add the cheese, diced tomatoes, mozzarella and green onions. Cook on low for about 1-1/2 hours, or until the cheese is melted. Garnish the dip with chopped basil and cracked pepper.
Vegan queso dip recipe
Serves about 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onions
- 1 habanero, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 1/2 cup Daiya pepper jack-style shreds
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 4 minutes. Mix in the habanero. Add salsa and heat another 2 minutes. Add cheeses and salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your chips.