If you want to feel a little fancy, forget regular cake or brownies this Valentine’s Day. Surprise your honey (or just yourself) and whip up these decadent and adorable petits fours! To feel really fancy, enjoy each cake with your pinky up.
These adorable bite-size petits fours are a fun, fancy and cute way to say “I love you” to your special somebody. Plus you can have about 15 of them in a sitting and not feel bad because SERIOUSLY look at how cute they are. And sprinkles!
Valentine’s Day petits fours recipe
Serves about 24
- 1 box pound cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water or milk
- About 1 cup vanilla icing
- 1 bag Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Red velvet ganache, for drizzling (use this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the pound cake mix, eggs and water together. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for about 44 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, cut the cake into 24 (1-1/2 inch) squares. Cut those squares in half horizontally and spread 1/2 teaspoon icing over the top of one. Top the icing with the second square. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until you have made 24 sandwiches. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave on 40 percent power for about 90 seconds, stopping to stir at 30 seconds. Add oil and stir until melted.
- Remove cakes from the freezer and place on a greased cookie sheet. Coat each petit four in white chocolate and use the back of a knife to spread the coating evenly. Sprinkle the tops with Valentine’s Day sprinkles. Let sit at room temperature for about 1 hour, or until coating has set.
- Drizzle each cake with red velvet ganache and carefully remove from the greased cookie sheet.