The ultimate Valentine's Day breakfast in bed for chocoholics
The way to my heart is through my stomach, and it's the same with my darling husband. That's why we skip the flowers and cards and surprise each other with delicious food instead. This is why I'm making these decadent triple chocolate brownie waffles for Valentine's Day breakfast.
These indulgent waffles are made with three kinds of chocolate, but that's not even the best part.
Each stack is drizzled with a homemade red velvet ganache, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with bright, festive holiday sprinkles. Honestly? I might not even share. Sorry hunny.
Triple chocolate brownie waffles with red velvet ganache recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 chopped walnuts
For the red velvet ganache
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Red food coloring
- Spray a waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray and preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder and baking soda together. Make a well in the center and add the egg, vanilla, milk and butter. Beat to combine.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the center of a waffle maker and press down to close. Cook for about 4-6 minutes or until fluffy.
- To make the ganache, bring the whipping cream and corn syrup to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chocolate and fold in with a rubber spatula, starting from the edges and working your way in. Add red food coloring (we used about 8 drops) until you get a deep red color, folding after each addition.
- Top the waffles with freshly whipped cream and top with red velvet ganache and sprinkles.