Roasted sweet potatoes are stuffed with teriyaki and honey-glazed shredded chicken for a sweet and savory meal.
I love sweet potatoes but most times they only make an appearance as a side dish for the holidays… until now! We took hearty fixings and stuffed them into sweet potatoes for a fun spin on these taters. If you are vegetarian simply omit the chicken in this recipe and opt for tofu, tempeh or even your favorite type of bean.
Stuffed sweet potatoes with honey-glazed chicken and feta recipe
Serves 4 (1 potato per person)
- 4 small to medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, depending on desired taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Using a fork or a knife, prick holes into each sweet potato to allow steam to escape as they are cooking. Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add the teriyaki sauce and honey and bring to a simmer. Add in the shredded chicken and cook until evenly coated and heated through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and divide the chicken between each potato.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve warm.
For a shortcut, you can try these sweet potatoes stuffed with leftover barbecue chicken. Serve them with a big green salad, steamed veggies, fresh fruit or gluten-free pasta for a complete meal.