Want a super-fun recipe for your Super Bowl party? Potato wedges are loaded to the brim with creamy cheese sauce and topped with any or all of your favorite nachos toppings.
Sure everyone loves a good plate of nachos but have you tried Irish nachos? Potato wedges are baked until crispy and golden, then slathered with a creamy cheese sauce and topped with our favorite nacho toppings. Switch this recipe up to fit what you have on hand or just get creative! The sky is the limit with these potato-based nachos.
Loaded Irish nachos recipe
- 1 pound red or new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup diced red and green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- Sour cream and fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut each potato into a wedge and place in a large bowl.
- To the potatoes, add the 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands toss the potatoes to coat evenly.
- Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove the potatoes from the oven and spoon the cheese sauce over top of the potatoes. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese sauce has heated through.
- Carefully transfer the potatoes to a large serving platter and top with diced peppers, green onions and red onions. Garnish with sour cream and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.