Grilled cheese sandwiches that have gone totally tubular! Grilled cheese roll-ups filled with just cheese taste wonderful on their own. But imagine filling them with not only cheese but roast beef and avocado, too.
It’s seriously hard to stop eating these bundles of deliciousness. They’re a great way to use up leftover roast beef and go great with soup or salad. And they also make a fun and unique appetizer. The good news is that the preparation can be made ahead of time so all you have to do is brown them in a bit of butter right before serving. Kids of all ages will love these!
Roast beef and avocado grilled cheese roll-ups recipe
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut in thin slices
- 1 cup leftover cooked roast beef, shredded in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut the crust off of each piece of bread.
- Flatten the crustless bread squares with a rolling pin and then top each slice of bread with 1 piece of cheese.
- On top of the cheese, add the roast beef and avocado.
- Gently roll the bread over the ingredients like you would a burrito or egg roll.
- Lay the seamside of the roll down.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the rolls seamside down to secure them and cook for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Roll them occasionally as they are cooking to lightly brown each side.
- Remove from the pan and serve while hot.