Get your family excited by the “humble” meatloaf again with these little chicken meatloaf pizza sliders.
This meatloaf, made with 2 pounds of ground chicken, keeps the sliders on the lighter side. Topped with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce and hot melted cheese on a soft, warm bun… a tray of these will not last long! A crisp green salad makes a perfect side.
Chicken meatloaf pizza sliders recipe
Yields 12+ sliders
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian oregano
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups marinara or pizza sauce (divided 1/2 and 1-1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese
- 12 soft slider rolls
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a large frying pan and heat over medium heat. Saute onion for 5-6 minutes, until soft but not browned. Add garlic and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan (with sides) with parchment paper or foil. (If using foil, spray foil with cooking spray.)
- In large bowl, stir Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, onion/garlic mixture, egg, 1/2 cup marinara sauce and salt. Add chicken and mix just until combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture into center of prepared pan; shape into a loaf, pressing firmly but not over packing. Spread 1 cup of marinara over top.
- Bake meatloaf about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until temperature inserted into center of meatloaf reaches 165 degrees F (temperature will rise to 170 degrees F upon standing). Turn oven down to 350 degrees F and allow the meatloaf stand 10 minutes before slicing thick slices (about 2 inches thick) and then cutting the slices in half or quarters depending on the size of your slider rolls.
- Place bottom of the slider buns onto a baking sheet. Top each one with a piece of the chicken meatloaf, spoon additional marinara sauce on top of the meatloaf and top all with desired amount of pizza cheese. Place bun tops on and place in the oven until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Serve.