Stuffed vegan 'cheeseburger' bombs
Show your family your creative side with these warm inside out vegan cheeseburger-stuffed bites. Meatless and dairy-free, these healthy cheeseburger bites are the bomb!
In our home, a majority of our meals are vegan/vegetarian and getting creative with kids' meals can be frustrating. For a fun take on vegan cheeseburgers, we took veggie burgers and stuffed them into fresh pizza dough along with Daiya cheese shreds. Don't be fooled by this brand of vegan cheese. If you have never tried it before it resembles, tastes and stretches just like real mozzarella cheese. If you are not vegan but cannot consume dairy this is also a wonderful substitute for real cheese. While we kept our version pretty basic you can add anything you desire inside these baked bites. These cheeseburger bombs were a hit with the whole family.
Stuffed vegan "cheeseburger" bombs recipe
Inspired by Pinterest
- 4 vegan veggie burgers, crumbled (I used Amy's All American veggie burgers)
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1 ball fresh or homemade pizza dough
- Ketchup and mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crumbled veggie burgers, the diced onion and the vegan cheese shreds.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and with a biscuit cutter or large glass cut out 8-10 round shapes. Using a rolling pin, roll each one of the discs out and with a small spoon place the veggie burger filling in the center of each disc (don't overfill).
- Fold all of the sides of the dough into the center and gently pinch it to seal. With your hands form the dough into a smooth ball shape and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the dough has completely cooked through. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard for dipping.