Homemade cheesy breadsticks, baked in a snap!
Who says making cheesy breadsticks has to be laborious and time-consuming? Did you know that you can bake perfect cheesy breadsticks in no time using refrigerated pizza crust and Velveeta cheese?
Unroll refrigerated pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. On half the dough surface, create four rows of cheese with strips of Velveeta.
Carefully fold the other half of the dough over the rows of cheese. Using your fingers, press and seal the outer edges of the dough. Do the same between the rows of cheese.
Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle it with Italian seasoning. Bake until the bread is browned and the cheese is melted, then cut it with a pizza roller.
Adapted from The Kitchen Witch blog
Yields 8 breadsticks
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll the crust onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape the crust into a rectangle.
- Evenly make rows of cheese on half of the dough.
- Carefully fold the other half of the dough over the rows of cheese. Using your fingers, seal the edges of the dough and then do the same between the rows of cheese.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle it with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice the breadsticks vertically and then in half horizontally, using a pizza cutter.