Hot dogs with personality!
Make ordinary hot dogs extraordinary by stuffing them with cheese and wrapping them with bacon! This recipe is super-easy and is sure to be welcomed by your guests on game day.
Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle but not all the way through. Stuff the pocket with thin strips of Velveeta cheese.
Slice each hot dog evenly into three pieces. Wrap each piece with a slice of precooked bacon and secure with a toothpick. Bake until the hot dog is warmed and the cheese is melted.
Cheesy bacon-wrapped hot dogs
Yields 24 pieces
- 8 hot dogs
- Approximately 1 ounce Velveeta cheese, sliced into thin strips
- 24 slices precooked bacon
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle but not all the way through.
- Stuff the pockets with strips of Velveeta cheese. Cut each hot dog into 3 even pieces.
- Wrap each hot dog piece with bacon and pierce it with a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Place the hot dogs on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the hot dogs are warm and the cheese is melted.