Looking for a last-minute, easy and super delicious breakfast or appetizer? Forget takeout and make these sausage flatbread pizza bites instead!
These delicious pizza bites are topped with fully cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles, which means they’re easy to make. For gourmet flair, we added goat cheese and freshly grated Parmesan. These pizza bites will go fast, so double the recipe!
Sausage flatbread bites recipe
Serves about 4
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1/2 package soft goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
- About 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- About 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- About 1/2 cup fully cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Green onions, chopped
- Preheat the broiler. Place the pita bread on a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave the Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles on high for about 30 to 40 seconds or until warmed through.
- Top the bread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle the sauce with the Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles, goat cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Slice into bite-size pieces and garnish with cilantro.