This quick-and-easy pasta salad is full of cooked pasta, veggies and served warm with balsamic dressing and fresh Parmesan. This speedy meal idea is great for busy families.
We enjoy pasta salads in our home, but sometimes they can become very routine. In this version, I created pasta salad that is full of delicious veggies and tossed in balsamic dressing. The best thing is that this is served warm, making it perfect for winter. I topped it off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to give it a bit of saltiness. This is great as a main course or as a side dish next to grilled chicken.
Warm balsamic pasta salad recipe
Yields 8 small servings or 4 large
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 1 cup balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 4 cups organic greens such as baby spinach or arugula
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain the pasta, and return to the pot. Reduce heat to medium low.
- To the pasta, add the balsamic dressing, Parmesan cheese and dried Italian seasoning. Heat just until the cheese has melted and the pasta is warm. Add the greens and very gently toss with pasta to evenly coat.
- Divide between serving plates and garnish with sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and fresh parsley. Best served warm.