Fajitas are a great dinner dish that can easily be made at home. Don’t think of this dish as restaurant only. We have a simple slow cooker recipe your whole family will love.
Chicken fajitas don’t have to be a restaurant only meal. While this version might not come out on a sizzling plate, it is still just as delicious. We made them in the slow cooker, and, after 8 hours, we were rewarded with perfectly cooked and spiced dinner. Warm up some tortillas, and the meal is complete.
Slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 (12 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1-2 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional, these are spicy)
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add chicken breast and top with onion, bell peppers, taco seasoning, chipotle chili powder, diced tomatoes, green chilies and optional chipotle peppers.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When fully cooked shred the chicken, mix and serve with tortillas and toppings.