Taco Tuesday needs a face-lift. These Thai tacos combine grilled chicken, cabbage slaw and lots of peanut butter sauce.
Chicken tacos are delicious but when you add a little Thai flavor they become out-of-this-world delicious. We kept the chicken flavor simple and grilled but paired it with lots of fresh crunchy vegetables, herbaceous cilantro and a homemade Sriracha peanut butter sauce. Taco Tuesday just got a lot more flavorful.
Thai chicken tacos with peanut butter sauce recipe
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup finely sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 8-10 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Grill chicken until fully cooked. Let the chicken rest for 3 minutes and then slice.
- Combine cabbage, carrots and bell pepper together in a medium bowl. Toss with lime juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and Sriracha sauce.
- To assemble tacos, add a little chicken to a tortilla, top with vegetables, a drizzle of the Sriracha peanut butter sauce and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with a little extra Sriracha sauce if you like your tacos extra spicy.