Extra-cheesy nacho burgers
These are not your normal boring hamburgers. They're packed full of flavor and topped with melted pepper jack cheese and lots of jalapeños. You're going to love these bad boys.
I have always loved burgers. While they are traditionally thought of as a summer food (backyard barbecue!), they are still perfect in the winter. I am whipping up a batch of these for my annual Super Bowl party, and I just know my guests will love them. Spicy, cheesy and full of flavor!
Extra-cheesy nacho burgers recipe
Yields 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 pickled jalapeño rings, chopped (more for topping)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup medium spice salsa con queso (store-bought)
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, diced jalapeños and shredded cheese. Mix together and form into 4 patties.
- Fry patties until they are just slightly pink on the inside.
- Lightly butter the English muffins and toast until the insides are lightly browned.
- Add the hamburgers to the English muffins, top each burger with 2 tablespoons salsa con queso and 3 jalapeño rings.