Layer after layer of totally delicious flavors. We took all the ingredients you find in a baked potato and layered it onto spiced chicken. Hello delicious!
Whenever I crave comfort food, I almost always go to a place that includes potatoes, bacon and cheese. I took these classic craving foods and turned them into a casserole that is sure to please. Crispy potatoes, smoked bacon, perfectly roasted chicken and lots of sharp cheddar cheese. This is one casserole I cannot help but come back to for seconds.
Loaded baked potato chicken recipe
Yields 4 (6 inch) gratin dishes
- 8 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and spray a 4 (6 inch) gratin dishes with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spoon potatoes into the casserole dishes. In the remaining oil, add the chopped chicken, stir and let it sit while the potatoes are baking.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-35 minute until the potatoes are soft but not falling apart.
- Top the potatoes equally with the diced chicken and bake for 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle on cheese and bacon and broil until the cheese is melted. Add green onion and serve warm.