Spicy barbecue chicken and avocado quesadillas
Quesadillas are an easy way to bring a lot of flavor to your lunchtime feast. You're going to love all this barbecue and avocado flavor.
Dinnertime doesn't have to mean rushing around without any clue of what to make. This simple dinner quesadilla is perfect if you are short on time and even works as a delicious lunch. Not only do we add guacamole to the quesadilla, but we serve it alongside too. Is there ever such a thing as too much guacamole?
Spicy barbecue chicken and avocado quesadilla recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (this is spicy)
- 1/4-1/3 cup guacamole (try this delicious recipe)
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- Nonstick butter spray
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. While the butter is melting put together the quesadilla.
- In a bowl mix together chicken, barbecue sauce and chipotle chili powder.
- Lay out on tortilla and spread with guacamole, chicken mixture, cheese and top with other flour tortilla.
- Carefully pick up the quesadilla and place into the pan with the melted butter.
- Cook until browned on the bottom and carefully flip over to cook the other side. If you need more oil in the pan, simply add another tablespoon of butter.
- Once browned on both sides remove from the pan and let cool for 1 minute before cutting.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce and guacamole.