Hawaiian salmon patty burgers
This is a twist on your classic hamburger. A delicious salmon burger topped with crunchy greens and a big slice of pineapple.
Salmon is a great source of omega fatty acids, so we are giving you a new way to cook up your favorite fish. We created healthy salmon patty burgers and topped them with grilled pineapple, sweet barbecue sauce and fresh baby spinach. This is not your average big mouth burger.
Hawaiian salmon patty burgers recipe
Yields 4 burgers or 8 sliders
- 2 (6 ounce) cans boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chipotle orange barbecue sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large buns or 8 slider buns
- 4 pineapple rings, grilled
- Baby spinach leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, eggs, panko, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Form into 4 large patties or 8 slider-size patties.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a pan set over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in salmon patties and cook until browned on each side.
- Add a salmon patty to a bun and top with grilled pineapple ring, baby spinach leaves and an extra drizzle of chipotle orange barbecue sauce.
Chipotle orange barbecue sauce recipe
Yields about 1-1/2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups store-bought plain barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients and keep refrigerated until ready to use.