You’ll find a version of this chicken dish in most Spanish tapas restaurants. See how easy it is to make at home.
This paprika-crusted chicken with crispy garlic is perfect for a weeknight family dinner or entertaining. It’s fun to serve tapas style with a good crusty bread.
Paprika-crusted chicken with crispy garlic recipe
- 6-8 skin on, boneless chicken thighs (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread
- Add enough olive oil to a large frying pan to coat the bottom well. Add the garlic slices and turn on the heat to medium-high. Cook the garlic slices in the oil (keeping a close watch to not burn) until just slightly brown and crispy. Remove garlic from the oil with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel to dry.
- Dust the chicken (skin side up) with the smoked paprika, some salt and pepper. In the same pan that you cooked the garlic in, add the chicken thighs skin side down and cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Chicken should be browned on both sides.
- Add sherry and bay leaf to the pan with the chicken and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer chicken in the pan about 10 minutes or until most of the sherry has cooked off.
- Transfer chicken with its juices to a serving dish. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and a nice handful of parsley. Scatter the crispy garlic chips all over the dish. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired and serve with lots of crusty bread.