Spicy lentil and soybean curry
Indian-inspired curried beans add welcoming flavors to your dinner table.
Spice up your kitchen with the enticing aroma of curry to bring something new to the table. This time, let's stick to a vegan dish that's so healthy and good — a special treat for the family!
Spicy lentil and soybean curry recipe
- 1 cup dried soybeans, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 4 bay leaves, ripped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Over medium-high heat, in a pot, transfer the drained soybeans then fill pot with water. Let it boil then simmer on low fire for 2 hours or until the beans are tender. Drain and discard the water, then set the beans aside.
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan, saute the garlic. When it turns golden, add the onion and the chilies.
- After 3 minutes, add the tomatoes, carrots and celery. Toss for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, soybeans, vegetable broth and bay leaves. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the curry then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt.