Spiced paprika eggplant
Here's a simple way to celebrate one of our most loved vegetables. A few spices give us more reasons to keep eggplant on the table.
Eggplants are wonderful vegetables, and they are also excellent to cook with. A quick and easy side dish with an attitude, here's a recipe that's so easy to do yet so tasty. Just chop, mix and let the oven do the cooking!
Spiced paprika eggplant recipe
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon mild paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or any chili powder of your choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In an oiled baking dish, mix the eggplant, paprika, cayenne pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- In an oven pre-heated to 360 degrees F, cook the eggplant for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Note: If you are using a fan or convection oven, cook for the first 10 minutes with the fan on to make it crunchy outside then the remaining 10 minutes without the fan.
- Sprinkle with the salt and parsley when cooked.