If you guys are anything like me, you’re scrambling like a chicken with its head cut off the day of a party because you promised to bring appetizers. Instead of stressing out over everything, whip up one of these quick, easy, delicious and decadent portable appetizers.
These are very easy to make ahead and bring to just about any kind of party. They can be quickly reheated when you arrive so they are warm, gooey and absolutely delicious for all of your friends. No one has to know you were sweating to get them ready 30 minutes before you said you’d be there.
Super-easy roasted garlic hummus recipe
Serves about 8
- 1 head garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh Parmesan for the top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the top off the garlic and place the head in the baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until very fragrant. While still warm, peel and set aside.
- Place the garlic, chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Triple cheese, spinach and artichoke dip recipe
Serves about 6
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- About 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Be sure the artichoke hearts and spinach are fully drained. Then mix with the Greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with the slices of mozzarella cheese. Garnish with pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is warmed throughout.
Rich pate crostini recipe
Serves about 16
- 16 slices French bread
- About 1 cup garlic cheese spread
- About 8 ounces pork pate (you can use other pate)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh sprigs rosemary and thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Place the French bread on the sheet. Carefully spread the cheese over each crostini and top with 1 tablespoon of pate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top with honey and sprigs of fresh herbs.