This smoothie is full of organic greens, fruit, chia and flaxseeds. It’s perfect for starting off your day after overindulging during the holidays.
A drink to get you back on track
This energizing green detox smoothie will get your body off to a great start for this new year. Adding greens to your smoothie is a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet without even knowing. Smoothies are great for the digestive system as well. If you are worried about tasting the greens, don’t be. The fruit masks the green or grassy taste you fear, and it’s even a drink my children love to enjoy. We recommend using a high-speed blender for this smoothie. But if you don’t own one, simply follow as directed, scrapping down the sides of your blender to ensure everything is blended completely.
Energizing green detox smoothie recipe
Yields 1 large smoothie or 2 small smoothies
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach
- 2-3 large kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, green tops removed
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 (1 inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or raw agave
- 1 cup filtered water
- Fresh raspberries as garnish (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix. Blend on high for 1 minute or until the smoothie is smooth and creamy.
- Add to a large glass or divide the mixture between 2 smaller glasses. Garnish with raspberries or other fruit and chia seeds. Serve immediately.