French food can be intimidating, especially for us regular home cooks. Souffles, for one, can seem daunting if you’ve never tackled one. But don’t worry. This white chocolate peppermint souffle is foolproof, so just about anyone can master it.
The sweet, fluffy and delicious souffles are topped with crunchy candy cane pieces and dark chocolate, giving them a fabulous holiday makeover. If you’re hosting a dinner party or having friends over during the holiday, these white chocolate souffles are perfect.
Peppermint white chocolate souffle recipe
- 2-1/2 ounces (1/3 cup) white chocolate
- 1-1/2 large egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- 3 candy canes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two ramekins or cocottes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl (we used a glass Pyrex) in the microwave until melted, about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate and mix well to combine.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft glossy peaks form. Add in the vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar and salt. Beat on high until mixture is fluffy and glossy.
- Fold in half of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Once mixed in, fold in the second half of the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Cover and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until risen. Top with melted chocolate and candy canes.