This filling salad tastes great served over a bed of greens or with pita bread or chips on the side. You won’t walk away hungry.
For an easy (and flavorful) Meatless Monday meal, try this recipe for chickpea and black lentil salad with feta. The colors and flavors of this dish are appealing, and the chickpeas and black lentils will keep you full. Serve over a bed of salad greens for a light main dish or with pita bread or chips for more of a side dish.
Chickpea and black lentil salad with feta recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked black lentils (or 1 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/8 cup chopped white onion
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh copped cilantro
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Add the chickpeas, black lentils, onion, tomatoes and garlic to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, cilantro and feta cheese to the bowl and mix. Season with the salt, black pepper and red pepper and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- If you have time, refrigerate the salad for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve on individual plates.
Toss together a hearty salad for a Meatless Monday meal!