Pigs in a blanket holiday wreath
Pigs in a blanket have always been a classic bite-size snack during the holidays and at parties. In this recipe, we used mini pigs in a blanket to create a delicious holiday wreath appetizer.
We added fresh rosemary and a candle to the center of this wreath to make it even more festive. If you're a vegetarian, simply replace the little smokies sausages with your favorite veggie dogs.
Pigs in a blanket holiday wreath recipe
Inspired by Pinterest
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 24 little smokies mini sausages
- Rosemary and a small candle as garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the can of crescent rolls and unroll them, separating the rolls individually (there should be a total of 8). Cut each of the 8 pieces of dough into 3 pieces, making a total of 24 pieces. Take a mini sausage and wrap one piece of dough around it and set aside. Repeat for the remaining sausages.
- Once all of the mini sausages have been wrapped, arrange them on the baking sheet to form a circle. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and very carefully transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center of the wreath with fresh rosemary and a small candle. Serve warm or at room temperature.