Nothing can be as simple as a lemon and soy sauce marinade. With this combination, a super-tasty chicken and rice dinner is born.
You don’t need much to make your chicken and rice dish tasty. If you have a bottle of soy sauce and some lemons, then you and your family are in for a delicious meal.
Baked lemon soy chicken and rice platter recipe
- 6 pieces chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4-1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup green peas
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- The day before, mix the soy sauce, pepper, 1 garlic and lemon (adjust the amount) in a small bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
- The following day, bake the chicken in a preheated oven of 375 degrees F for 1 hour. Turn the chicken in the middle of cooking to brown both sides.
- While waiting for the chicken to bake, cook the rice.
- Over medium-high heat, combine the rice with 3-1/2 cups of water. When it boils, put the heat to low, cover but leave a little opening then let the rice cook for about 17 minutes or until cooked through. Let it cool. Note: The cooking time and water absorption of rice differs per variety.
- In a large saucepan,over medium heat, saute the remaining garlic with olive oil.
- Add the green peas.
- Add the cooked rice and mix until it is coated well with oil.
- Add the sauce that remained from cooking the chicken.
- Garnish with the parsley and tomatoes. Arrange the chicken on top.
- Serve hot.