Roasted beet and goat cheese crostini
This roasted beet and goat cheese crostini makes a festive holiday appetizer.
Not only is this recipe simple and delicious, it can be served warm or at room temperature which makes it a perfect hors d'oeuvre.
Roasted beet and goat cheese crostini recipe
Yields 8-10 crostini
- 4 small to medium beets, roasted and thinly sliced
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch slices on a bias
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, lightly roasted
- Handful chopped parsley
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and brush one side generously with olive oil. Place pan in the oven 5-8 minutes or until bread slices are lightly browned and crisp on the edges.
- Remove pan from the oven and turn the oven temperature to broil.
- Spread each bread slice generously with goat cheese. Top with 2 or 3 slices of roasted beet. Place under the broiler about 2 minutes or until warm and slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven, place costini on a serving platter and top with chopped pecans, parsley and just a touch of sea salt. Drizzle with olive oil (or a tiny bit of truffle oil) and serve.
Truffle oil can add intense flavor to food. In this recipe it enhances all the other ingredients… if you plan to use it, just be sure to go very light.