Peppermint Oreo-stuffed Christmas cookies
Stuffed cookies are all the rage, and this Christmas version doesn't disappoint!
Looking for the ultimate holiday cookie? Look no further. We've put a Christmas spin on the popular stuffed cookie trend with winter-themed Oreos, red and green M&M's and a chocolate crushed candy cane coating. Decadent doesn't even do these stuffed sweets justice.
Peppermint Oreo-stuffed Christmas cookie recipe
Yields 1 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red and green M&M's
- 12 red stuffed Oreos, peppermint flavor (or substitute any kind of Oreo)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional but helps the chocolate solidify)
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugars. Cream together using a hand-held mixer until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly into the butter/sugar mixture while slowly beating until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the M&M's with a spatula.
- With your hands, roll the dough into about a 2-inch ball. Press it down to form a circle. Lay an Oreo on top of the dough and fold the dough up the sides of the Oreo. Now form a 1-inch dough ball and press that on top of the Oreo. Pinch the sides of the dough together so that the Oreo is completely surrounded with dough with no parts exposed. Lay on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and Oreos. Leave a good bit of space between the cookies on the sheet as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies start to turn slightly golden on the edges and top.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Dip half the cookie in the chocolate mixture and sprinkle the crushed cane pieces onto the chocolate.
- Place the cookies back on the cooling rack and let the chocolate set before eating.