An easy main dish or appetizer!
The meaty flavor of portobello mushrooms makes them a flavorful alternative to red meat. They’re extremely versatile and can be stuffed with just about anything. These mushrooms are stuffed with a pre-cooked shredded chicken and cheese mixture, which compliments them perfectly.
Start by sautéing onions, garlic and the chopped mushroom stems in butter.
Add the onions and garlic to a mixture of softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken and soy sauce.
Stuff portobello mushroom caps and top with breadcrumbs. Cover and bake on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Chicken-stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips, shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large portobello mushrooms or 12 small portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken and soy sauce. Stir until combined.
- Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Coarsely chop the mushroom stems to use in chicken mixture.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushroom stems and continue to sauté about 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add to chicken mixture. Add salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and the filling is hot and golden brown in color. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.